Thanksgiving - Shout to the Lord

Amanda loves the Lord and loves others. She gladly serves the Lord and serves others. She is a leader and a light. Always there day and night. Every time I see Amanda I see her as she is above, full of joy and Christlike love.

We were in a small village where people had few material things compared to our way of life. Yet, we regularly encountered happy loving children who were always eager to give thanks for the little bit of time and love we shared with them. As we prepare to spend time with family and friends this Thanksgiving, I recommend that people go back and review the history of America’s Thanksgiving. You will find, whether it was the Pilgrims, George Washington, Abe Lincoln or through another proclamation or act, the basis of our Thanksgiving has always been to give joyful thanks and praise to God. No matter what our circumstance, we can find not only peace, but joy in knowing God’s goodness, mercy and truth. This Thanksgiving and everyday, please remember to:

1 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his
presence with singing. 3 Know ye that the Lord he
is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we
ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his
pasture. 4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him,
and bless his name. 5 For the Lord is good; his mercy
is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
(Psalm 100:1-5 KJV)

1 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. 2 Worship
the Lord with gladness; come before him with
joyful songs. 3 Know that the Lord is God. It is he
who made us, and we are his; we are his people,
the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with
thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks
to him and praise his name. 5 For the Lord is good
and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues
through all generations.
(Psalm 100:1-5 NIV)

Happy Thanksgiving. Any praise to God is a joyful noise to the Lord. If you care to literally shout for joy, I recommend singing along with “Shout to the Lord” by Darlene Zschech. The lyrics are written below and you can hear the song by clicking on the hyperlink at the end of this post which will take you to Darlene's myspace site.

My Jesus, My Savior,
Lord, there is none like You;
All of my days
I want to praise
the wonders of Your mighty love.

My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength;
let every breath, all that I am
never cease to worship You.

Shout to the Lord, all the earth,
let us sing
power and majesty, praise to the King;
mountains bow down and the seas will roar
at the sound of Your name.

(Key Change)

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands,
forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand,
nothing compares to the promise I have in You.

http://www.myspace.com/darlenezschech

Comments

Californiatree said…
Your talent never ceases to amaze me! Sorry I have been sick for awhile and just now getting back on my feet.

Popular Posts