Stormy Birmingham Race Course with Greyhounds and Perseid Meteors




One stormy evening while traveling home the combination of clouds, dusk, and lightening made for some interesting light.  Fortunately, I had my camera, but had to quickly think of a place where I could take full advantage of the light.  About that time, I passed a sign for the Birmingham Race Course and off I turned.  It had literally been decades since I had been to the track.  In fact, the only time I had been there was for a business outing, and they were racing horses not greyhounds.  As it turned out, the lighting and location were great.  As it got a little darker and the sky cleared, you could occasionally see a few Perseid Meteors streaking across the sky.  If you look closely at the bottom photograph above, you can see Perseid Meteors.  I also took some shots of the greyhounds and found out about greyhound racing (something I knew nothing about). 

I have not yet posted any of my other Perseid Meteor photographs, but hope to have them on my website http://www.BestDigitalShots.com within a week or two.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Really nice photo of the Greyhounds. (Jim S.)
Wow these photos are really amazing.Specially the colors in the last photograph its really a great art to shoot so attractive photos.It would be really nice if you share some tips for this.

Popular Posts