Mini Golf Memories - Black and White Photography by Best Digital Shots Photography


     Miniature Golf, Minigolf, Mini Putt, or a hundred other names, who older than thirty can’t remember seeing and playing those wonderful courses at the beach, at camp, or maybe even in their hometown. I could never seem to get the ball past the windmill and I was always disappointed when on the eighteenth hole I would sink that last shot and not be able to recover my golf ball. 

     It was great fun for old folks, families, children, and all ages of couples on a date. Sure, you can sometimes still find those miniature courses with all of the beautifully made, wonderfully designed, and colorfully painted obstacles, but more often than not the only playable course that probably exists within range of one tank of gas is just a miniature golf course (you know, just that, a little golf course for putting without all the stuff). 

     We recently came across what I often see today (an abandoned minigolf course). Sometimes the obstacles are well designed and still colorful, but regardless of their quality, they all usually seem to have a certain type of sadness. As I downloaded these shots and more that you can see at my website, http://www.BestDigitalShots.com/ I thought of two Smokey Robinson songs. The first song that came to mind was “Tracks of My Tears.” Just a few lyrics to remind you of this mega hit and you’ll see why it came to mind.

          People say I'm the life of the party
          Because I tell a joke or two
          Although I might be laughing loud and hearty
          Deep inside I'm blue
          So take a good look at my face
          You'll see my smile looks out of place
          If you look closer, it's easy to trace
          The tracks of my tears..
          I need you, need you”


Next, I thought of “Tears of a Clown.” Again, a few lyrics.


          Now if there's a smile on my face
          It's only there trying to fool the public
          But when it comes down to fooling you
          Now honey that's quite a different subject
          But don't let my glad expression
          Give you the wrong impression
          Really I'm sad, oh I'm sadder than sad
          You're gone and I'm hurtin' so bad
          Like a clown I pretend to be glad
          Now there's some sad things known to man
          But ain't too much sadder than
          The tears of a clown, when there's no one around
          Uh hum, oh yeah baby


     So sad! I’ll leave it at that. Enjoy the photographs, and memories. Listen to Smokey as you view them at http://www.BestDigitalShots.com/ under the “Travel” button.

Comments

Popular Posts