American Airlines Boeing 757 seats - Pretty and all in a Row



     My family and I recently (prior to all of the current hoorah about American Airlines' 757 airline seats coming loose) flew on an American Airlines' 757 flight.  Always looking for a good photo opportunity, I took the above picture from the aisle floor adjacent to the rear seat of our Boeing 757 as the sun set and filled the cabin with soft light.

     I've noticed that American Airlines recently announced that along with its inspection and response to the 757 seat issues,  it will also put a secondary locking device on its Boeing 767 seats having the same issues.  I understand that this modification is not necessary on all of American's Boeing 757 and Boeing 767 planes as some planes have different seat attachment systems.    Note:  I don't know if the above picture shows the seating configuration at issue. 

     We have always felt safe flying on American Airlines, and still view it as one of the safest and most professional airlines operating.  As part of writing this piece, I looked at Airline Safety Records .com (I do not know about this company other than what is on its website), and noted that it reports American Airlines' combined accident and incident rate over the past five years as being better than Continental, Delta, United, and US Airways.
We'll continue to fly American and hope that it quickly overcomes its economic, employee, and public perception issues. 

     For more aviation and travel photography please visit my website at http://www.BestDigitalShots.com

Comments

Popular Posts